Beijing, China, 8-9 December 2008
The first EAHEP Workshop (Beijing, China) brought together around 45 representatives of doctoral/ graduate schools and doctoral programmes from Asia and Europe for a 2-days discussion on the state of play and development trends in research-based doctoral education.
Plenary and interactive breakout sessions dealt with issues such as:
- new delivery modes of doctoral programmes, including joint degrees and distance learning;
- relationship between Masters and Doctorates;
- employability of doctorates;
- current trends in doctoral education in Europe and Asia;
- enhanced cooperation in doctoral education bewteen Asia and Europe;
- development of good practices with regards to capacity building in doctoral education.
On 10 December, a one day post-workshop programme exclusively for EU and Chinese participants took place. This event was organised in conjunction with the CEAIE (China Education Association for International Exchange) and looked at cooperation between Chinese and European universities. Over 22 universities from the Beijing area were represented.
Both events were hosted by the Delegation of the European Commission to China and Mongolia.
More information for registered participants here.